Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Remolding & New Phone

Remodeling Day Thirty-Four

Today our contractor Danny was back to finish up the Guest Bathroom. He started with finishing up the grout work. Next he changed the size of the vent, so that the vent would fit into the new vanity. The next thing he had to do was to change the plumbing to make it work with the new vanity. Once that was completed he put up the mirror. After he was done with that he had to head out to Home Depot to pick up a wax ring, since that ring had been missing since the house was built. So it was a good thing that we decided to remodel the guest bathroom. While Danny was at Home Depot he also picked up a Drum Auger (plumbing snake), that Harry and I needed to deal with our plumbing problem. As soon as Danny got back he installed the toilet, did some clean up and was done. With the guest bathroom completed the Phase Two of the remodel for our contractor is completed. Harry and I still have a few odds and ends to complete and we still have ton of unpacking to do but things are coming along. And one of these days hopefully in the near future we will be done. At least done enough were we feel that we don't have to get up and remodel or paint something.

Since Danny got us the snake Harry started to take apart the kitchen sink pipes. He cleaned out the U pipe and put it back on but we were still having issues so I got in there was the snake and after some finagling I got the snake to go down the pipe for 15 feet (the length of the snake). It didn't seem like we unclogged anything but when we got everything back together and tested it the water went down fine.. so yay for us.

Later in the day we drove out to the AT&T store in Palmdale to buy me a new phone, since I was going crazy without mine and knew I had lost it forever. I was looking at a LG Neon with a text pad but the employee showed me another phone that was nicer, with a bigger screen and was a better deal so I went with the Samsung Impression... And I love it. My plan still has 6 days left on it but the manager allowed me to get the phone at a discounted price. We tried to get Harry one because I knew he's been wanting a new phone as well but his contract isn't up until January.. but that's only a few months away. After that we went to Home Town Buffet to grab some lunch and I have to say we were the youngest people in there. It was around 3:30pm and the place was packed with older people and I figured it was their dinner time. After lunch we went Bed, Bath & Beyond to return the super soft bamboo sheets that we had gotten yesterday, since the sizes were messed up. We hoped that we would find a bigger set, but they had sold out of them so we just got a refund. I do know I'm going to look for other Bamboo sheets in the future. We then checked out Ashley’s furniture store for accessories, but didn’t find any night stands and coffee / cocktail tables that we both were in love with. So, guess we will have to find those items somewhere else.

After that we headed home and relaxed for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment