Monday, October 26, 2009

Jeep Woes

Got a call from my mechanic about my jeep's transmission. Not going to go into all the technical details but needless to say the transmission ends to be pulled apart and further checked. That will cost me $750 just for them to remove the transmission, look at it and put it back (if I don't do any of the work). He also said that with this kind of problem they will need to rebuild the "soft" parts of the transmission. That will cost me and additional $1033.88 for a total of $1783.88 and he said that if they find more issues inside with the "hard" parts the cost can go up.

I have been thinking about buying a new car as Harry has his new Truck and it's really made me want a new car. So I questioned should I have all this work done on a jeep that I don't want anymore. Well we just bought the house and Harry and I are debt free and I didn't feel like having car payments so I gave him the go ahead with the repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment