Friday, October 2, 2009

Magic Jack

This morning I got up and decided I would set up our new magic jack. Both Harry and I have cell phones and haven't had a landline in a few years.. but since our cell phones can suck sometimes we figured we would get a landline again but we didn't want to pay a ton so we opted or this instead. Setup didn't go at planned I kept having issues but finally got everything installed and then it was time to pick our number. We planned to have a vanity number but everything we tired was taken. We tried for over an hour with 50 or so names and numbers and nothing was available.. finally I got frustrated and would just get a random number. But when I clicked on that it gave you the option of paying $3 a year and you could pick your first three numbers and then pick from a set of available last four digit numbers.. in the end we didn't get our cool "geekyguys" number but we got a number that will be able to remember and is kind of cool. So now we have a landline just in case our cells don't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment