Thursday, October 22, 2009

Broken Jeep

Not the best way to start my day. Got up this morning and felt pretty good. Got ready for work, then go sidetracked and was running late. I jumped in my Jeep and started it up.. sounded good. Started to drive away and heard a sound that I hadn't heard before and it didn't sound good. I continued to drive down the hill hoping that the jeep was just cold but when I got to the main street it sounded worse. I got out and looked at the engine to see if anything was lose, but it all looked fine. I got back in and drove a half a mile and then the transmission slipped and my engine rived up. I thought to myself.. there is no way I'm going to work in this jeep so I turned around and headed back home. Luckily the jeep made it all the way home. I talked to Harry for a minute and then jumped into his truck to get to work. Not a good way to start my new job. I'll have to take my jeep in this weekend and have it looked it. Sounds like it's a bad transmission, which can be costly.. oh well such is life.

On the house front.. Harry continued to work on the DVD holders. They were light pine color but we wanted black to match our TV room.. so a few weeks ago my buddy Will and I sanded two of the DVD racks and today Harry painted the two and sanded and painted the third one. All he has left is a polyurethane coat and they will be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment