Saturday, October 3, 2009

Remodeling - Day Thirty-Two

Today I was up once again at 7:30am.. not sure what it is but I can't seem to sleep past that time, maybe it's because I know how much work we still have to do. Well I was up and I jumped right in. Our contractor Danny was coming today around 8:30am and I needed to get the painting done in the guest bathroom so he could put the sink, vanity and mirror in. So I started with a layer of the deep red color. As last night Harry and I decided that we would be one large wall in the deep red and everything else in the yellow. So I got one layer on, at least where the sink and stuff would be going. I then went to the kitchen and started to paint above the island where we removed the set of cabinets to open up the kitchen. I started painting yesterday and wanted to finish it. I did a bit of painting there and then went back to the bathroom to do another coat. While that dried I went back to the kitchen island and painted some more. This island area is really sucking up the paint.

I finished the bathroom area just in time for the contractor to show up. Of course I found out that they pushed back the installation of the sink and stuff for another day but at least it's done now. They went to work on laying the rest of the baseboard in the kitchen and pantry and then moved on to finishing the tile in the guest bathroom.

Harry got up and joined me in the Kitchen and started painting the trim of the pantry door. I finished the area above the island and it looked AWESOME. I then moved on to finishing the fireplace mantel. I added another coat of polyurethane and let it dry. Then Harry and I did trim here and there in various rooms.

When the contractors left I went to the mantel to pull off the painter tape and of course there was bleed through of the stain on the new tile so I had to clean that off. After a few minutes I finish the fireplace and mantel and I have to say it turned our WONDERFUL. This is my favorite thing we have done to the house.

After that Harry and I put up the wood blinds in the Living room and put the finishing touches on the Living Room.. one more room that is complete. Well almost we still have to buy some accessories.. and speaking of accessories we purchased a area rug from Home Depot online that we saw yesterday. It will go nicely with the living area.

Once that was done we went into our guest bedroom and set up our old Queen poster bed and moved our mattress into that room so we would be able to build of Cal King poster bed. We got everything out of the boxes and after a brief moment of thinking we were missing parts and instructions we got to work on building it. But our first attempt failed as the very first post we started with didn't have the thread inside the hole for the screw so we couldn't put the bed together with one missing post. We were both frustrated as we really wanted to get this done and we got the bed from Living Spaces and it was the last one they had so we couldn't take it back for a replacement... I'm sure will come up with a way of getting around this.. but for now we don't have a bed and our mattress are arriving tomorrow.

After the bed fiasco we took a break and jumped on our computers. While Harry facebooked (he's new obsession) I cleaned up the Dining Room to match our newly finished Living Room. We then had dinner and watched to TV to finish up the night.

We got a lot done but there always seems to be just a bit more to do. So as of now our Office, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, TV Room and Guest Room are 90% done, leaving our Master Bedroom/Bathroom and Guest Bathroom to complete. I know will get there but even when this is all done we have to deal with the outside and then there is my toy room/garage conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment