Saturday, October 24, 2009

Remodeling - Day Forty-Four

Well it's the weekend and now that I'm back to work weekends are my only time to help Harry around the house.. so today’s Remodel task started off with Harry having to finished up the DVD racks with polyurethane. While he did that I started painting the accent wall in the Guest Bathroom. While standing on the seven foot ladder I lost my balance and fell to the floor. I manage to turn upright and avoid hitting my head on the sink or toilet but instead my left foot went right into the gallon can of red paint. I laid there for a moment trying to figure out if I had broken anything but every seem to be in order. I started to get up as Harry came running to see what had happened. As I looked down at my foot I realized that about 1/3 of the red paint had come out of the can and was now all over the walls, tile floor, paint tarp, bathtub, and my pant and sock. It was a mess but after a little cleaning up we managed to get all the paint up. I was sore but avoided some serious injuries.

After Harry finished the DVD holders he tackled the chicken wire around the 'garden'. We planned on using the chicken wire on the outdoor section for the dog. There is a small gap up on top and of course our dog has figured out how to squeeze out of it... so we plan on sealing up the entire thing. After the chicken wire he removed the old and falling down blue picket fence.

I continued to paint the guest bathroom.. I did all the walls and only had the trim and corners to take care of... but I was tired and sore from my fall so I called it a night and figured I would complete that room tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment