Friday, April 16, 2010

Work Woes

I haven't been talking much in my blog about my work issues. The show runner and I haven't been seeing eye to eye the past few weeks and he finally official complained about me to my boss who in turn brought the COO (Chief Operating Officer) to my office today to talk with me.

I won't go into great detail about our meeting needless to say that there was a lot of mis-communication. I told them I would not quit (yes it was that bad as I was thinking about it.) and that I would stay the remaining three months until my current show was over.

My supervisor told me of another position that would start in a few week. It was a demotion in position going from Post Production Supervisor to Lead Assistant Editor and the pay was also several hundred less then what I'm making now. I told her I needed to talk to Harry over the weekend and I'd get back to her.

So my option is to stick it out and just co-exist with the show runner and do the best job I can or leave for a lower position job with less pay. It might be an obvious decision for some but I am so unhappy at this current job I really have to think about it..

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment