Thursday, April 29, 2010

Last Day with Deadliest Catch

It was a bitter sweet day today. Though I'm extremely excited to be getting off this crazy and chaotic show I'm sad to be leaving my co-workers/friend of the past few years. They are a great group of people and I have found some of life long friends in this bunch.

Today started with a laugh with my office full of balloons, which I did leave in my office until about 4pm, then Will and I popped hundreds of balloons.

For lunch I went out with my post crew, Stu, Lee, Roman, Alex, Tom, JRyan, Ben, Brian and Will. We went to BJ's and had a great goodbye lunch were we celebrated me being let go. When I got back from lunch my loggers Cat, Dan, Amy, Matt and Andrew came into my office with a goodbye cake and card.. it was very sweet.

Towards the end of the day I cleaned out my computer and turned it off for the last time. I went to each person and said my goodbye. It was sad but it's not like I'm going to not ever see these guys again, I just won't be seeing them everyday.

I said my final goodbye to my best buddy and the one person I will miss most Will, gave him one last hug, got in my jeep and drove off.

I don't think it's hit me that I'm not working for this show anymore.. I think it will when I get up tomorrow at 7am and realize I have no where to be.. time to close that chapter in my life and move on to bigger and better... well after I take a few months off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment