Thursday, April 15, 2010

#5 THE BOLD & THE ROOTABLE: IN THE CLOSET WITH EMMA MULHOLLAND

She prances, she dazes, SHE STARTS ALL THE CRAZES, shes kisses shes cuddles, SHE DANCES IN PUDDLES



Shes Glitter, Shes GOLD, She Colour-Blocks BOLD....A printed pant that's her thing, ACCESSORIZED WITH TONNES OF RINGS



You'll never be SOLEMN with EMMA MULHOLLAND!!!!



I first met Emma Mulholland late one seedy Taylor Square night at Aaron MacDonald’s 90’s party at Taxi club. It was a good friend of mines Birthday, and also happened to be the night she finally found the woman of her dreams, became a lesbian and never looked back, but that's another story.In the midst of all this sexuality swapping, M People (and a fairly robust consumption of illegal stimulants), I was introduced to a sparkling jewel of a woman:



Emma Mulholland.



With enough bleach in her hair to sanitize several hospital wings, a pair of monopoly printed Moschino satin pants, and a hat fluffy and furry enough to make Blossom jealous, I knew we were to be fast friends.



And so I present, in all her fearless fuck-you-fashion-i-know-better glory, a photo-essay on the genius of Yemma, Emma, Mulholes, Mulholland.......



photo:byronspencer



Fierce in Fluoro, HER FUTURES SO BRIGHT SHE GOTSDA WEAR SHADES!



photo:byronspencer



Pretty in Punk: Fuck Anarchy, she wants Romance through Ruffles, chiffon and sequins.....



photo:byronspencer



Baby got Back, get ready to swoon, it's a dancefloor attack,GIVE HER ROOM TO BLOOM!!



photo:byronspencer



Luscious in Lanvin....



photo:byronspencer



TARTY IN TARTAN!



photo:byronspencer



Gravity is optional, and mostly accepted by boriiinnnnggg people.....



photo:byronspencer



The Poetry of Pastel....





With a fine-tooth comb, a bit of a hard-on and postively SIMMERING with green-eyed jealously, I asked a few questions about the priceless treasures of Emma Mulhollands wardrobe.....





-The piece of clothing that epitomizes me :



its hard to pick, my monopoly trousers I wore when I first caught your eye....... several pairs of high waisted shorts i wear on high rotation.... pastel designer blazers....



- My favourite item that I’ve stolen from a friend :



It wasn't really stolen but I think the "trade" i made with luke for the ying yang top traded with those really inappropriate slutty shorts worked out in my favour.





-The biggest piece of shit I cant bear to get rid of :




all the rings that constantly make my fingers go green, the denbo load of friends that constantly play drinking games in my courtyard......cheese..Reese Witherspoon,



-When I want to pick up, I wear:



a terry toweling Romance Was Born terry toweling pink rabbit playsuit normally does the trick, but if all else fails......a really big hat.



-What makes me most feel like a whore:



a maxi dwess and a spray tan Size 10 kitten heels



-My biggest out-fit regret:



I regret nothing. Except maybe everything i wore from 2000-2006. Puberty hey.



-If I could keep only one piece it would be:



my chanel bag and my fwiends



-The wardrobe I’m most envious of:





that would have to be Chers in clueless.... the computer, the technology, the leopard prink backround...the plaid. Obviously also the Ga.



-My most Epic wardrobe malfunction:



When i showed up pantless to the VMAs............I mean that vodka halloween party.



-It’s controversial, but:



I don't care what Dion Lee says .....I don't mind those miu miu clogs. Or wedges. . Madonna is really good. I liked lady gaga before most of you. Im really drunk. Shauns not a natural blonde. Neither is Luke. I am but. So sucked in.



-In my coffin, I’ll be wearing:



PASTELS



And with a tap of her canary yellow Givenchy jellies, a bedazzling flash of costume rings, and a momentary straightening of her salmon-pink, fused silk Dion Lee jacket, Emma is Outties, presumably plotting her next earth-shattering, so-good-it-makes-you-stagger look, all the while laughing in the face of the rules of fashion.....



photo:byronspencer

No comments:

Post a Comment