Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Moving On

Today my supervisor called and informed me that they have found a replacement for my position and that my current job would be over on Thursday...

As you can see from my picture I am extremely happy to be "let go" from this show. The show runner and I don't agree on how post should be ran. I like schedules and keeping things on time.. he doesn't. I like organization and open communication, he doesn't. I like too look at all the episodes as a whole, he likes looking at the one right in front of him and never mind the others ones that are being delayed by using all the resources for that one and only... I can go on.

My job as Post Production Supervisor is a stressful one, it always has been and I understand that, but this kind of extra stress is unnecessary and unwanted. It's better for me health wise to leave and deal with the lesser stress of finding another job. Harry and I got a good amount of money back from our Taxes and though that was suppose to go toward a fence around our house it will now be our back up plan for when I am jobless.

I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY knowing that I will not be on this sinking ship much longer. I feel horrible for leaving all these great people (with a few exceptions) to their fate.. the show will get done and on time, but the stress these guys will go through will be extreme..

I had a great run but it's time to move on to bigger and better.. can't wait to see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment