Saturday, April 17, 2010

Aunt Joyce's 50th Birthday

Today Harry and I headed down to my Mom's place for my Aunt's 50th Birthday party. Mom didn't want to do an "over the hill" party so instead she did a Hawaiian theme since my Aunt loves Hawaii. I went out the day before on my lunch and picked up a few "Hawaiian" shirts so we were set. It's funny as my Aunt was 10 years old when I was born, which makes me feel even older knowing that she is 50 which means I'll be 40 this year.

The party was a lot of fun, got to see lots of family that I don't get to see very often. It was great seeing my Aunt Paula and cousin Kathy who I haven't see since the death of my Uncle Richard five or so years ago. Got to spend some time with my Aunt Linda who I see very rarely and of course it's always nice to spend some time with my nephew Kenobi. And hanging with my Mom is always great as I don't get to do it as often as I would like.

We didn't get to stay as long as we would have liked.. my mom lives two hours away so that's four hour on the road already and Daisy can stay in the house for about 9 hours before she has to go outside.. so we stayed for about five hours before heading out.

It's always fun spending time with the family.. maybe it's because we don't do it very often so the time we do spend together is very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment