Friday, July 16, 2010

The Last Airbender

Harry and I just got back from seeing this movie. Now first let me say that I have heard nothing be bad reviews and comments about this movie. But from the previews both Harry and I wanted to see it. Again when I tweeted that I was in the theater getting ready to watch this movie I got over 15 replies saying things like.. "Run for your life" , " Get out while you still can", "You can't unsee this stuff once you watch it"... and so on.

When it ended I turned to Harry and said so what did you think. He looked at me and said I don't know what everyone is talking about.. I loved it.. and I said I know.. whats up with that... I loved it too.

It was a cool story, beautifully shoot, AWESOME effects, I felt for the main character and it was non-stop action. All in all it was a fun entertaining movie.

I have to say that I have never seen the TV series, but even if I had I would have still loved this movie. I am one of those rare people who understand what an adaptation is. I know it's not going to be like the TV series.. it's another persons idea of the same story... ie Harry Potter

I still can't get over the SFX.. they show alot of them in the commercials but man there are so much more. And the ice castle and temples are amazing looking. I know some have complained about the casting as most of the cartoon characters are Asian and they weren't Asian in the movie. Part of me understand why that route as an all Asian cast wouldn't sell to the masses.. it's sad but true. I think they casted very well all the main characters. The other thing is this only book one of the story.. though there is a beginning, middle and end they do leave the story open for book 2.

Anyways.. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. If you want a fun, entertaining ride then go see this movie and don't pay attention to all the haters out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment