Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We're Buying a House

While at work today Harry IM'd me and said, "We need to talk". My first thought of uh oh, what's wrong. But when I got home he told me that his family (Mom and Dad) liquidated their assets and have given each of their kids their inheritance early.

So Harry has a rather nice amount of Euros in the bank. He suggested that we use some of this money to put a downpayment on a house. I could not believe it. I had come to the conclusion that we would never own a house since it takes two incomes and with Harry's special circumstances we would never be able to afford a downpayment... well thanks to Harry's loving parents we can.

So the first night in three weeks that I thought I would be going to bed early because I didn't have to edit anything I spent with Harry looking at houses till the wee hours in the morning.

So we are official looking for a house to buy, with low rates and falling house prices I'm hoping we can get a good deal. Going to starting looking this Saturday in the Burbank, Glendale and Pasadena area... wish us luck..

No comments:

Post a Comment