Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Paley Festival - Dr. Horrible Sing Along Blog

Today I went to the Acrlight Cinerama Dome to watch the Paley Festival presentation of Doctor Horrible Sing Along Blog. My friend Chris got some tickets and knew I was a huge fan so he asked if I wanted to go with him.. of course I said yes. We had such great seats.. about seven rows back but right in the middle.

The night started with watching Doctor Horrible on the big screen which was FANTASTIC!!!! After that Joss, Zack, and Jeb Whedon along with Nathon Fillion, Felicia Day and Maurissa Tancharoen came up on stage and talked about filming, producing and acting in Doctor Horrible. Then they took questions from fans. It was a very fun night but the best part happened when it was over.

As soon as they said goodnight hundreds of crazy fans rushed the stage for autographs. I wanted to say hi to Felicia and introduce Chris to her. I tried to fight the crowd but soon gave up and Chris said we should go stand where the exit and about ten minutes Felicia started to head out as she was leaving she had to get her purse and as she was walking back to her seat I got as close as I could and said hi. She looked up and saw me, she gave me that wonderful smile and said "Kenny.. it's so good to see you, I'm so happy you came." and gave me a hug. Of course folks were clamoring around us trying to get her autograph. She signed a few then introduced me to George Ruiz (her agent) as he went to shake my hand as Felicia mentioned that I was the one who did the Behind the Scene stuff for season two and he gave me a give big smile and said "Oh Felicia sings your praises, thank you very much for all your work." I was beyond flattered. I then was about to introduce my friend Chris to Felicia she greeted him with a smile and hand shake. She then went to sign more autographs and I decided to leave as I got to say hi and it was going to be a while before those guys would be able to get out of there.

It was a great night and again it just re-enforced how wonderful Felicia Day is. Can't wait to get back on set for Season Three.

No comments:

Post a Comment