Sunday, April 5, 2009

Digitizing, Digitizing, Digitizing

Today I got up really early and continue to edit my Gulid BTS pieces for the upcoming DVD. At 11am Kim Evey came over and sat with me for four hours and went over each piece until we were happy with the results. Once we were done I exported the pieces and email them to Felicia for final approval. While I waited I started the long process of uprezing the footage.

What I mean by uprezing is this, I have 60 hours of footage and if I digitized this footage 1:1 it would take up a very large amount of drive space, space I don't have so I digitized all the footage at 15:1 so I could get all of it in my system and take up very little drive space. Now that the pieces are done I have go go back through and re-digitize the footage that I am using in each piece.

This process normally has it's issues like timecode not matching so you digitize the wrong clip, or the tape can't find a pre-roll time and has issues digitizing. So I was anticipating problems but I have to say my first piece uprezed with not a single issue... at about 1am when I started my second uprezing I ran into a few problems and by the time I finished at 11am the next day I only had about nine clips total that I'm going to have to find manual and re-digitize and cut in.. so all in all a pretty good uprez session.

No comments:

Post a Comment