Thursday, June 11, 2009

STRESSED OUT!!!!!!

Today did not start off as a good Kenny day. The house stuff has been building up and I am going crazy. I've been trying to contact my lender for the past day and a half with no luck. The paperwork is so overwhelming and I have so many questions and no one to ask them too. I talk with my Realtor but since she has never sold a house like this (manufactured and in the boonies) she doesn't have any answers for me. And with the whole changing the asking price, all our paperwork is wrong. Do I send/fax it in as is or are they going to give me new paperwork to fill out.

I send out SOS email to my lender, escrow and realtor this morning and about noonish started to get some answers. Escrow says mail the papers back and cross out the house price. They will send an amendment with the new price.

I then spoke with my lender where she informed me that because we are buying a house for over the appraisal price Harry and I have to pay upfront the difference in price which is $18,000 dollars. It took about a half hour for me to actually figure out why this is and soon enough just figured it's the way a lender works. So we will be pulling that money from our down payment and instead of putting down 22% will be putting down 19.5%. In the end we lowered our "borrowed" money which in turns lowers our monthly payments. I also found out that even though we applied a month ago for the loan it was just approved two days ago (on Tuesday) and that I haven't been assigned a loan officer yet so I have nobody to ask questions to for all this paperwork. They said I should be getting someone by Monday. Oh and all that paperwork I filled out for the lender is no good as they will be sending me new stuff to fill out.

Finally I spoke with my realtor and gave her the low down. The good thing is my loan was approved.. all I have to do is turn in all the paperwork and everything will be good. Now if I could just figure out all this paperwork.. luckily we have a 60 day escrow.

AHHHHH buying a house hard!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment