Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goodbye to the King of Pop

Today while I was at lunch with some co-workers one of the best entertainers was dying. When I got back from lunch I jumped on my computer and started to check twitter. I was seeing a bunch of twitter saying "Michael Jackson is dead". I then went to CNN to see if this was a rumor. On there website it said he had suffered cardiac arrest. Only TMZ was reporting his death, and TMZ isn't the most reliable news source. It then was a media blitz as different places were saying different things and for the next hour no one really knew what was going on.

The world was mourning the lost of Farrah Fawcett earlier in the day and this new news was unbelievable. But as the time pass and we got more news it was looking bleaker and bleaker until most of the major news studios were reporting his death and finally the LA corner came out and official announced he had died.

It's amazing how much someones death, that you have never met, can effect you. At first it was shock and disbelief, then turned into sadness and loss. Michael Jackson was such a huge part of my life. I have listened to his music from as early as I can remember. He will always be one of my all time favorite performers.

Michael Jackson broke down the racial barriers, generational barriers, and cultural barriers. He touched the lives of so many people. I was watching the news tonight and there were white, black, Asian, Indian, Mexican, old, young, female and male people crying at the loss of the King of Pop. He was loved by the world. I won't deny that he did some bizarre things that were unexplainable, but who are we to judge. I'll always remember the man that brought so much joy to my life.

His life will live on in his music and videos and I am so grateful for all that he has given us.

Thank you Michael for touching my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment