Friday, August 14, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Just got back from watching G.I. Joe. Over thoughts it was a fun movie. It's what I expected, action packed, cool special effects, a very simple story and lots of explosions. I know nothing about the G.I. Joe universe so I don't know how close this is to the real Joe but I didn't have a problem following the story or characters. I think they distinguished the characters well. It was kind of corny on how they did the flashbacks. Each time the person would stare out into space and the camera would zoom in on their face and then the flashback would happen. Once was fine, but I think they did it six or seven times.. every time the camera would stop on a face I thought to myself .. oh they are doing a flashback. Of course all the cool SFX scenes are previewed in the trailer but there is still plenty to oh and ah at. It was funny at times and serious at times. It was a perfect summer popcorn movie. I'll be buying it when it comes out on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment