Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Today is my 38th Birthday. This was going to be a pretty low-key day since we celebrated on Saturday. Last night I got a call from my story producer informing me that my runner got his car impounded. And we had several very important runs that had to be done early in the morning. Since it was 11 at night there wasn't much I could do so I decided that I would come into work early tomorrow and do them myself. Only problem was that Tuesdays and Thursday are the days Harry takes the jeep so he can go to the park. So now we had to postpone that so I could get up early and take the Jeep to work and do the runs.

I got to work at 8:15 and my boss wasn't here at he said he would be. I couldn't deliver the DVD's unless I had a drive on and he was the only one that could call and get me one. Come to find out that he got out of work an hour before I got there at 7am and went home to freshen up. So I called him and left a message and he finally got back to me around 9:25am.. so I got to work early for nothing and waited an hour in my office for him to return my call and let me know that I had a drive on. He finally called and I was able to deliver the DVD's to NBC, and of course when I get there.. the person I was delivering them too wasn't in the office yet.

So that is how my Birthday started. After that everything was pretty good.. my co-workers Erin, Armando and Maggie took me to Chevy's for a Birthday lunch. And of course they surprised me when the waitress came over and put a sombrero on my head and they all sang happy birthday. Then a few hours later Darla (my boss) came over with a cake and cup cakes and the entire post crew sang happy birthday and we all ate cake.

I was hoping to go home a little early as I had gotten here early but around 5:30 Jarrod my boss calls and tells me that he needs a run to Paramount/Compton area at 6:00pm. Maggie was doing runs today for me but there was no way I was going to let her drive to Paramount/Compton after dark but Jarrod insisted that this DVD had to be delivered. I was not happy and of course the person that I am said I would take it. This sucked because I did wan to go home early and Harry planned to take me out to dinner for my birthday. Well I called this person that we were suppose to take this DVD too to make sure she would be there. She informs me that there is already plans set for her to get it tomorrow morning and didn't need it tonight. So I got so spend the last 30 minutes stressing trying to figure out how to get this DVD to this person tonight.

Needless to say I was done and headed home. Once home Harry and I went to one of our favorite but rarely visited restaurants Outback Steak House and had a very nice birthday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment