Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Guild Shoot (Codex & Zaboo)

Today was another Guild shoot. Today's shoot was at one of The Guild's producer's house in Van Nuys. This was good news as I didn't have to get up so early and she lived only 15 minutes from me. I got there around 9am and set up my stuff. Today was going to be easier as we were working in just one room with two people as opposed to five rooms with many actors like yesterday. Of course these are the main two characters so there was more stuff to shoot but today shouldn't be as long as yesterday.

Today I got to meet Sandeep who plays Zaboo and man is a funny guy. Like Jeff (Vork) from last night it was so hard to not laugh while shooting, both actors are improv actors. Felicia and Sandeep have great chemistry and timing. They would ad lib stuff and I would just crack up.. luckily I have a lot of these banter between takes on film and hope to cut something together. There were alot of camera movement and set changes but everything went fairly smooth. I got out of there around 9pm and it was another fun filled shoot day.

The crew and people associated with this show are fantastic. Alot of them are volunteers or getting paid very little. They do it because they love The Guild and I think its makes the long hours not so horrible.

Next weekend more shooting... can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment