Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Guild Shoot (Tinkerballa,Clara,Vork,Bladzz)

This weekend was one of many weekends I was volunteering to help out one of my favorite web series The Guild. Today's shoot was going to happen at the creator, writer, producer and star of The Guild, Felicia Day's house. She lives in a very cool house in Los Angeles area. When I got there at 7:30am I got my "good morning" hug from Felicia (she's a sweetheart), while the crew had begun to set up, I found a area to set up my battery chargers and tapes and then got to work filming the set up. They were setting up Tinkerballa's very pink room. I got to meet more of the crew, which was great since I was going to be doing interviews with them in the weeks to come. I got to me Amy who plays Tikerballa's as she was the first to shoot. It's always fun to see how things are put together. I'm a huge fan of The Guild and I know how TV works but it's still fun to watch them create something that you love right in front of you.

After Tinkerballa's (Amy) shoot it was time to shoot Clara's part. I met Robin who plays Clara and then they brought her three kids and a special new character (which I can't say who..) and we did some of Clara's lines. Next was the kids part and these are the same three kids from season one and they have grown up quite a bit, especially the powerstrip eating baby. So we spent hours and hours getting the kids stuff done. By this time we were behind schedule and Vince (Bladzz) showed up and Jeff (Vork) showed up for their parts.

After the kids and Clara's stuff we broke for lunch. At this time it was 3pm. We started to shoot just Clara's lines with no family. That took a few hours. After that we started to shoot Vork (Jeff's) lines. Jeff is way to funny and it was so hard to stop myself from laughing. After his stuff it was time to shoot Bladzz which went fairly quick. By the time we were done it about 10pm. It was a long but very fun and productive shoot day. I took about 3 hours of video and 250 stills. Now I have to get some sleep and get up early again for tomorrow's shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment