Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Odd Man Out

I normally feel like the odd man out as I'm not particularly social even among a group of friends or co-workers.. I guess it's just the way I am.. but lately it really hit me on how different I really am from my co-worker and/or typical males.

I currently work on Deadliest Catch for Discovery. All of the editors are male, the producers are male and most of the AE's and AP's are male. They share low brow humor, speak in explicit language, talk sports and discuss woman in an unflattering ways.. in essence your typical macho guy. I never par take in this as for one I don't drink, use foul language, watch sports or am interested in woman, but I do sit in my office and listen to them go on and on and just marvel out how different I am to your typical male.

Luckily there are some geeks among them so I'll join in a conversation about Star Wars or a recent movie but for the most part I keep to my office, which I 'm sure makes them think I'm anti-social.

There is really is no reason for this blog post other then to talk about a recent observation that I made about my workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment