Monday, August 23, 2010

A Healthier Me - Day 8

Took the weekend off from working out and that was such a bad idea. I had the hardest time motivating myself to get back out there.. and another bad thing is I pushed it off until around 8pm. But I did it.. I got out there and struggled with the 30 minutes elliptical machine and almost convinced myself that 15 minutes would be good enough.. but I did the full 30. The cardio seems to be the hardest for me.. the actual weights I don't mind and actually enjoy.. but the elliptical, though good for the joints is boring, I'd rather run/walk outside. Our mailbox is a mile from our house on a very hilly dirt road.. I was thinking instead of doing the elliptical for 30 minutes I'll run/walk to the mail box and back again. That's 2 miles and should give me a really good cardio workout. Anyways.. for today's workout

Since it's Monday I weighted myself and was kind of disappointed.

WEIGHT: 214 (stayed the same)

WORKOUT:

30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical
3 sets of ten on the chest fly for my chest (60 lbs)
3 sets of ten on the curl arm for my biceps (45 lbs)
3 sets of ten on the free weight (90 lbs)

So what did I learn today.. not to push off working out until late at night. And I need to workout over the weekends even if it's just cardio or lifting weights. And I need to double my effects on my eating.. I think that is why I didn't lose any weight.. I'm eating better but still not as good as I should, that will be the toughest part of this whole plan adventure.:(

No comments:

Post a Comment