Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Surprise!!!

Well it's 7am and like most morning I have to get up and use the bathroom. As I leave the bedroom I hear this high pitch sound, of course I'm half asleep and I'm trying to figure out what is going wrong but it only takes a minute before I step into the bathroom and into two inches of water. Suddenly it's like being woken out of a deep sleep.. I spring into the action and walk over to the toilet and notice that the tube that goes from the wall to the back of the toilet has come off and water if firing out hitting the wall and bouncing up to the ceiling. I quickly turn off the main water and survey the damage. Besides the two inches of water on the bathroom floor the entire hall carpet is soaked. I quickly grab some towels and drop them on the carpet to try and pick up some of the water. I then attempted to take a cup and bucket and gather the water off the bathroom floor but soon discover that this is pretty useless. So I run to Ralphs to rent a wet vac and vacuum up the water. So about 45 minutes later I'm sucking up a ton of water from the carpet and bathroom. Of course alot of the water went through cracks in the floor and started bubbling up the laminate floor. But I did my best to clean it up. It's still damp and it's starting to smell musty but I'm hoping everything will work out.. it's not how I imagined starting my morning but life sometimes throws you curve balls. Our toilet is operational but you have to turn on the main valve to fill it up every time you flush and when it's not in use turn it off because the tube is back on but is loosely fit. The owner of the house will be coming by this weekend to fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment