Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Remodeling - Day Twenty-Nine

Today I got up early and continued to stain the mantel. We wanted it a little darker so I put another coat on. Harry worked on doors and door frames again.

While all that was going on our contractor, Danny, had finished dismantling the entire Guest Bathroom and started putting concrete board on the floor. After Danny was done with the concrete board he started putting up the lights for the hallway and entrance. He finished the entrance and turned it on and called me over to show me a crack running down the glass dome. You couldn't see it when it wasn't lite up because the crack was between the glass. So we had him take it down and will exchange it at a later date. He did manage to put the light up in the hallway but we didn't have a bulb so it's up but not currently working.

After staining I tackled another big project. The French doors in the living room, they were green and we wanted to paint them the accent color, blue. We were afraid of removing them because once you do it's always tough to get the door to hang just right again. But we wanted a good paint job and I also wanted to paint the trim and this was the only way. So I removed the two doors and got to work. It was a long process.. lot's of taping off. And to make matters worse I was working outside and it was extremely windy. I finished one door and laid it upright against the side of the house. A gust of wind came and pushed the door over nearly crushing Daisy who was sunbathing. Luckily it missed her by a few inches and no glass broke. I worked on the second door and put is aside to dry and purposely angled it so no wind would be able to push it over... I we get really strong gusts of wind and sure enough it knocked it over and this time we weren't so lucky. A portion of the door started to separate from the rest. I managed to knock it back in place and everything seemed over.. other then a minor separation that Danny would be able to fix. After I finished the door Harry and I rehung them and of course the door that was damage pulled apart again just enough to make it so we couldn't lock the door. We manage to get both doors to shut and would be talking to our contractor in the morning to see if this was fixable.

Only manage to tackle two thing but man that took the entire day. By the end of the day I was exhausted and just rested in front of the TV.

And for some non-house news... I am starting my BTS piece for The Guild Season Three. I am in the middle of converting some video files for my piece.. hope to starting editing it in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment