Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Beginning

Today our 44th President took office. It’s been a day I have been waiting for, for 8 years. I am happy that Barack Obama won and we can finally get rid of one of the worse presidents in history.

President Obama has a very large task ahead of him and I don’t expect him to perform miracles but at least he can turn this country around and bring back hope and prosperity.

I stayed home an extra hour this morning so I could listen to his swearing in. It was such a monumental event and in the future I’ll be able to say I was here when our first black president took this country out of the darkness and brought it back into the light. Of course we have to see if he holds true to his promises, but there is something about this man that when he speaks, you know he speaks the truth. Here’s a fantastic four years!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment