Tuesday, November 4, 2008

President Barack Obama

Today history has been made. The United States of America elected its first African American President Mister Barack Obama.

I watched the polls all day today and at about 4pm the results started to come in. The later it got the better it looked for Obama. By the time I got home from work Obama had won Ohio and New Mexico who traditionally voted Republican. Harry and I sat there all night watching the results until 8pm moments after the CA polls closed the Networks called the election for Barack Obama. Harry punches the air and yelled. I was speechless and had tears in my eyes.

Soon after McCain came out and gave his concession speech, which was very gracious. I have nothing against McCain, it's the people he surrounds himself with that I don't like. And about a half hour later Obama came out and gave his speech and again I cried.

People always comment about JFK and how they felt hearing him speak and I finally know how they feel. When Obama speaks my heart swells. He brings hope and change and the outlook that things will be better. It might not happen in the four years of his presidency but it will happen. Na sayers have asked me why I believe in him as he hasn't done much politically and I just tell them ... Obama brings hope.. and hope brings change.

No comments:

Post a Comment