Monday, November 5, 2007

Writers Strike

Well the TV and Movie writers have gone on strike. Many people have asked me will this effect my job since I work in TV. But for once I'm happy to say I work in reality TV and we don't use writers. That's not to say that reality TV isn't highly produced but we don't have official writers, plus we are a non-union show. So my job is safe and actually if the strike goes on for long there will be alot more reality show being done. I do hope the strike is resolved quickly. This strike not only effects the writers but soon it will have a trickle down effect and start effecting all the supporting jobs.

I'm a huge TV person and I know some shows have a few extra scripts already written that they can film.. but soon enough they will run out and then will get no more new TV. Which will effect production and postproduction a lot of people will be out of work. This could be the beginning of a very hard holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment