Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Well it's finally here.. the final book in the wonderful Harry Potter series is being released at 12:01am Saturday. Tom, Bruce and I went to a Borders "Harry Potter Book party" Friday night. It was a lot of fun, there were a ton of people there, some dressed (yes I dressed as a Hogwarts student) but everyone was very excited to get their hands on the last Harry Potter book. Since we didn't pre-order the book from Borders we decided to head over to Ralphs to get our books at 12:01. We got to Ralphs and the parking lot was full. There were about thirty people in line waiting for 12:01 to hit so we could get the book. Well I finally got my book around 12:15am and was very excited yet very depressed. I'm excited to read the final book.. but this is the final book. There will be no more Harry Potter books. No more book parties, No more exciting anticipation, No more Harry Potter. There will never be anything else like the phenomena called Harry Potter.

Bruce and I actually sat down on my couch around 1am and read the first chapter. Bruce left and I read one more chapter before I went to sleep. I need to read this book within five days since I'm going to comic con and I don't want to be spoiled. I'm sure I'll have not problem doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment