Monday, January 18, 2010

So it begins.... Stormwatch 2010

Wow.. what day. Work was fine.. I'm talking about the weather. Today the first of four storms his and man did it hit. Because of my Jeep top not closing and having my back window opened Harry was kind enough to loan me he Dodge truck. On the way to work this morning while on the 14 the rain was coming down so hard and the wind was blowing 40 to 50 mph topped off with thick fog I couldn't see a foot in front of me. I took my time and managed to get to work without incident. While I work I kept getting updates from Harry from home. The rain was crazy but what was worse for us was the winds. They did manage to rip off two of our roof shingles but it doesn't look like it caused to much damage. The storm arrived a few hours earlier then expected so when I was going home in the evening there was nothing but wind.

Weather all over SoCal was bad, there were tornado's in the beach cities, power outages all over the place, mud slides in the burn areas and flooding. This was one of the worse days of weather that I can remember in a long time.. and this is the first of four and was suppose to be the weakest.. this is going to be a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment