Thursday, February 26, 2009

Front Page

While at lunch with my buddy Christopher last week we started talking about websites and stuff. He knows I've been working on mine new one for quite a while. Back in Oct. 08 I purchased the domain www.geekyfanboy.com and wanted to transfer my current personal website from yahoo geocities. Though I'm internet savvy I'm not really good at HTML and decided I would try my hand at Dreamweaver. Well it's been months and I have built a few pages but not like they are suppose to be build. Instead I created them in photoshop and then just import the entire thing as one image. Anyways I was conveying my frustration to Christopher and he mentioned Front Page which is a microsoft program. He said it was fairly easy to use, kind of like page builder from yahoo geocities.

So Today I finally "acquired" a copy and gave it a shot. Well I have to say that Front Page is a website building for dummies and is perfect for me. It's pretty much set up like most of the MS programs. I only had an hour or so to play with it but I already built most of my main page, with Dreamweaver it had taken me weeks. So I'm off to a good start. So it will still take me a while to get everything transferred but at least I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks Christopher for the heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment