Friday, August 8, 2008

Cabin Day Two

Today we woke up around 8am and I was preparing to drive down to my mom's to pick up a spare key (this would be about a four-hour round trip). I wasn't looking forward to it but I knew I had to do it. We heard someone pull up next to the cabin and I looked out the window and saw Chuck. He drove up here to give us a key. I was very pleased to see him as it meant I didn't have to drive down.. so day two started off a little better then day one. After Chuck gave us a key and left we took Zita on a walk around the lake.

I wanted to drive into Big Bear and get the key duplicated and have my tired fixed, as I didn't like the idea of not having a spare tire when we drove home. So we drove into Big Bear, about a half hour drive and once we found a place we got the keys made... at least until they change the locks again (this is the third time). We dropped off the tire at an automotive repair shop. The person who did tires was out to lunch and it looked like it would be a few hours before they could fix it. So we had some lunch at Denny's then went to this very beautiful small park next to Big Bear Lake called Boulder City Park or something like that. We sat there for about twenty minutes then I got a call saying the tire was ready and we went and picked it up and drove back to the cabin. Once back we had some dinner at one of the restaurant in Green Valley (there are only two) and called it a night.

So the second day up at the cabin was much better then the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment