Friday, June 20, 2008

Blackout!!!!

Well today while at work Harry called to inform me that the electricity went out at the house.. that it had been out for an hour. I called DWP and found out that the power was out in 20 + cities in the valley. I was work until around 9pm and when I got home I figure everything would be back up.. but it wasn't. It's 9pm and 90+ degrees outside. We couldn't open the refrigerator as I didn't want to let any of the cool air out. Luckily Harry has a laptop computer with a DVD player built in and there was some battery life left in it to we sat in the backyard and watched MASH.

It was close to midnight and I was sooo tired that I tempted to go into our super hot bedroom to sleep. It was horrible but I did my best to sleep but moments later the power came back on. The power was out for 6 hours, which is the longest that power has ever been out for me. You don't realize how much electricity means to you until it's gone. It made me appreciate what I have a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment