Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pacific Northwest Road Trip - Day 9



Wow.. what a horrible night sleep. Went to sleep at around 1am and when I say sleep I mean sit there in the drivers seat tossing and turning. Around 4am it was super light out so we opted to get up and get moving. We had made it to the border of Montana and Idaho. Our plan for today was a few hundred mile drive to Kalispell, MT as this is was the closest hotel we could get to Glacier National Park which is our next destination. The drive was beautiful, but again the terrain was very different as you drive. Hills of farmland and hills of thick trees, but it was all very beautiful.

We got to Kalispell around 9am but we can't check into our hotel until 3pm.. so we had six hours to kill. We were already tired but we continued to drive around the area, we stopped at Red Lion so I could hijack their wifi and we also had some lunch. Around Noon I thought I would call and see if we could get into the hotel room early. The lady on the other end of the phone said "let me check with house keeping, if your room is done then you'll be able to check in". A few minutes later she said we were all good. Both Harry and I were so excited.. as I said we were both drained from the horrible night sleep so we are just going to crash the rest of the day.. try and catch up on our blogs and such.

Tomorrow is going to be another long driving day.. but we should have some more beautiful sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment